Blog: Social networking sites

Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram are all similar in regard to their ability to share real time updates on what is going with with people's lives. For me, Facebook is my main channel to communicate with people and give updates to others. I mainly use Facebook to find video blogs and funny memes I can share with my friends. It allows me to share my location when I want to meet up with my friends or even send them money after a night out.

Twitter is platform I have not used a whole bunch. I plan to learn it eventually because I can find funny memes on other people's handles. I like the character limit because it makes you think deep on what to say as you project it to millions of people around the world. The difference between this platform and others is the ability for it to go global. Your tweets are not anonymous unless you make it private.

Snapchat used to be my main form of communication. As people have said, a picture can be worth a thousand words. One snap from my phone can cause people to think what is going on or laugh joyously. I still use Snapchat but in a sense just to keep my streaks. I think alot of people have moved on toward Instagram. It used to be an amazing program due to the fact that pictures disappear after a short few seconds but the interface has changed a lot since a year ago.

Oh boy, Instagram. It has become one of my favorite platforms due to the thousands of meme accounts you can follow. I love to share memes with my friend groups but sadly if they share memes with me, I probably seen it somewhere before. I love the fact that Instagram allows you to post stories up and have alternative accounts. I post rarely but when I do, it is from traveling. I am not sure why I post photos other than the fact that other people are posting photos as well.

Comments

Popular Posts